Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Artist of the Month! #1

In DAAP, I'm often asked which artists do I look at and it took me a while to give a legitimate list.  I had just never paid much attention to who's art I looked at before.  There were the classic artists of course, like Da Vinci and Picasso but not many others.  Over the past couple years I have built up a decent repertoire and will be sharing each month with you.

The first artist is Mary Doodles.  Her first name is Mary, but I don't know her last name. I discovered her on Youtube when researching watercolor techniques.  Each week she posts a new time lapsed video of her art.  I am fascinated by her techniques, skill and creative themes.  Each video is complete with theme music and ends with her signature.



This is my favorite video of hers because of the narrative quality of piece.


In this video, Mary Doodles displays a clever self portrait as well as her unique skill as an artist.


Here is the link to her youtube page:

http://www.youtube.com/user/marydoodles

I greatly admire her skill with illustration and envy her greatly.
I guarantee that you will be memorized and become unable to stop watching all of her videos.

No comments:

Post a Comment